Tuesday, March 30, 2010

SIMON TRPCESKY ''MOUVEMENT'' DEBUSSY

''..Last but by no means least, I went on Friday night to hear the LSO and Robin Ticciati - who was conducting them for the first time too - with Simon Trpceski as soloist in the Grieg Piano Concerto. As you'll know by now, I think Trpceski's recording of the Rachmaninov 2nd and 3rd Concertos with the Royal Liverpool Phil and Vassily Petrenko is an absolute knockout - it's currently the recording I go back to every time I need a cheering influence, because its freshness, spontaneity, genuineness and balanced, unpretentious gorgeousness makes me feel glad to be alive. Trpceski did it again with the Grieg, which I doubt I have ever enjoyed more (usually I have a slight allergy to Grieg, but never mind). So instead of Friday Historical, here he is playing Debussy's 'Mouvement'. Enjoy!..'' JESSICA DUCHEN
Read and listen..

No comments:

Post a Comment